Serving size - 2
Preparation time - 10 minutes
First of all sorry for not coming to blog space for the past 2 months. Days are gone with sick, get together and festive!!!! again sorry friends!!!! Next 3 months , I'll be in India. So no updates on my blog during that time. If possible I'll try to update something else will update after April!!!!
Groundnut onion chutney is one of the most common chutney in south India. I love this chutney with idly than dosai!!!! While typing itself ... mouthwatering... :)
Onion - 1/4 cup Cubed
Groundnut - 1/2 cup
Red chillies - 5 or 6
Tamarind - 1 cherry size
Salt - as needed
Oil - 1 tsp
Oil - a tsp
Mustard seed - 1/4 tsp
Curry leaves - 4 or 5
- Heat a pan with no oil, fry groundnuts until it gets roasted and remove it from the flame. Keep it aside.
- Add a tsp of oil in the heated pan, fry red chillies for few seconds and remove it from the pan. Note : Don't allow it to get darker. Don't remove oil from the pan, only red chillies.
- Add cubed onions and tamarind in the same pan and fry until onions are transparent. Allow it to cool.
- Grind red chillies, salt, groundnut, tamarind, Onion and little water until it becomes smooth paste.
- Add water to the chutney as per your desired consistency.
- Heat oil in a small pan, add mustard seeds and curry leaves to seasoning the groundnut onion chutney.
- Serve it with idly and dosai.