Saturday, May 18, 2013

MICROWAVE MILK KOVA / PAAL KOVA

Serving size - 12 to 15 pieces


Preparation time - 5 minutes


Cooking time - 5- 8 minutes (depends on the microwave)

 



Milk kova has a special place in our Indian sweets. It is a delicious sweet made from milk and sugar. This milk kova is very famous in two places. One is Srivilliputhur Andal paal kova and another is Madurai meenakshi paal kova. My favorite is madurai paal kova. I love it. Wow.. Even if I think of it,  its mouthwatering. I got this recipe from my sister (Latha akka). I really thank her for this wonderful and easy recipe.

Ingredients


Sweetened condensed milk - 1 can (14 oz)
Curd - 1 1/2 tbsp
Elachi powder - a pinch
Shredded Almonds - 2(optional)
Shredded Pistachio - 2 (optional)

Method

For soft milk kova in the bowl :







  1. Pour condensed milk in the microwave safe bowl.
  2. Microwave it for 5 minutes. (Stir it for every 2 minutes).
  3. Once condensed milk is thicker and gets bubble, add curd, elachi powder and mix well. 
  4. Microwave it for 2 more minutes. (But stir it every single minute).
  5. Once it comes to soft and milk kova consistency, you can transfer it to the bowl or air tight container.
  6. Garnish it with almonds and pistachio.
  7. Enjoy milk kova in the bowl.

For milk kova into pieces :






  1. Do steps from 1 to 4 under the heading "For soft milk kova in the bowl".
  2. In the mean time, grease a plate or tray with ghee.
  3. Microwave it for 1 or 2 more minutes. It will be little thicker consistency than the previous method.
  4. Pour the milk kova on the greased plate or tray.
  5. Garnish it with almonds and pistachio.
  6. Allow it to cool. Grease the knife with ghee.
  7. After 20 - 30 minutes, roll the knife on to the milk kova and make them into pieces.
  8. Enjoy milk kova in pieces.

Note

  1. You can get soft textured milk kova from the first method " For soft milk kova in the bowl".
  2. IF you like chewy texture, you can try the second method "For milk kova into pieces". But it won't be much chewy.


I'm sending this to Valli's Kid's delight happening as guest host

Sweet treats happening at Nivedhanam sowmya's place


Kids delight
I'm happy to send this to Preethi's Kitchen Life which is announced by Surabhi from MY COOK BOOK



I'm linking to my friend's blog, click on the logo to go her event page.



Also, linking this to TICKLING PALATES

Let's Cook


I'm sending this recipe to GIVE ME SOME SNACKS





18 comments:

  1. Delicious palkova in microwave.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome recipe, Thanks for linking this wonderful recipe with my ongoing event..
    Thanks for following blog.. but i think you did not like Facebook page as per event rule
    If u had liked Please post your facebook name in comment

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very yummy dessert. Love it any time. Following you back dear.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Replies
    1. I din't try other than curd, but my grand ma said we can use lemon juice too :) I'll try it next time, later confirm you else you can try it RANI!!!!!

      Delete
    2. oh ho... Sure Yasho... will try this weekend itself... Ha ha ha... u call me as Rani am so shy dear...

      Delete
    3. sure Yasho... will try this weekend... n thanks for linking to my event... n u r calling me as Rani... ha ha... dont make me shy dear...

      Delete
  5. Wow wow wow!!!!!!! Love it. Making it right now, hehehe!! It's so simple and impressive that I am stumped.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really easy with step by step directions.
    http://realhomecookedfood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is finger licking good!!! looks so tempting and picture perfect... Thanks for linking it to my event!! Looking for more yummy recipes!!
    Sowmya
    Event - Authentic Indian Sweets w giveaway
    Event - Kid's delight - Sweet Treats

    ReplyDelete

FACEBOOK POPUP CODE
Don't Forget To Join US Our Community
×
bloggerWidget