Preparation time - 5 minutes
Cooking time - 2 minutes
I skipped lot of events in the past 2 weeks. I will try to participate in the following events. I made this Kara chutney for viji's SYS-W SERIES. My secret ingredient of this month is RED color veggies, so I have used Red chillies.
I love this chutney very much. Even when I was pregnant I ate this chutney very often until 4 months. It will be very good with idli, dosa and even with chappathis too. Will go to the recipe now.
Red chillies - 5 or 6
Lemon - 1/4 or as you need
Water - small amount as needed
Salt - as needed
Mustard seeds - 1/4 tsp
Curry leaves - 2 or 3
Sesame oil - 2 to 3 tsp
- First grind red chillies and salt. Then add little water as needed. Don't make it watery.
- Make the red chillies powder into smooth paste. Then remove it to the bowl.
- Add fresh lemon juice to the chutney and mix well.
- Heat oil for seasoning, add mustard seeds and curry leaves. Add seasoning to the chutney.
- Chutney is ready now.
- This chutney is too spicy, please be sure before you use this chutney.
- It goes well with idly & dosa. If you would like, you could also use this as a thin spread for bread sandwich.
- I actually use to mix curd and sugar with this chutney while eating with dosa or idly. It will help you to reduce the risk of too much spicy.
SYS-W SERIES SHOW YOUR STYLES TO THE WORLD by Viji