Serving size - 12 to 15 mini balls
Preparation time - 15 to 20 minutes (before & after cooking)
Cooking time - less than 10 minutes
PANEER BALLS/BURFI/PEDA is my 100th post. I'm very happy to share it with you all. I thought of posting my 100th recipe must be sweet, simple and rich dish. I decided this recipe as my 100th post. Hope you all will enjoy my 100th post. Let me come to the into of paneer burfi/balls/peda. Before that I would like to say sorry for the delayed post due to my health issue.
I don't want to give intro about paneer. You all know very well about it. Let me tell you the differences between paneer peda, paneer balls and paneer burfi.
Paneer Peda - It should be very soft to eat.
Paneer Burfi - It should be less softer than pedas.
Paneer Balls - While making balls, it gets tighten. So, it should be bit harder than the burfi. It is also soft dish.
Hey please forgive me for not posting pictures of paneer peda. I made only 2 pedas. My little one had taken both before I took pictures. I'll post it in future :)
Paneer - 7 oz.
Sugar - 3/4 cup
Cardamom powder - 1/8 tsp
Saffron - 2 or 3 strings
Milk - 1 1/2 tbsp
Pistachio/ Almonds - few for garnishing
Ghee - little
Paneer Balls / Burfi
|Grind all the ingredients|
|Perfect consistency for Burfi|
- Take paneer out from the freezer and allow it to get softer.
- In the mean time, take the boiled milk and add saffron to it. Milk color will change into yellow.
- Slice paneer into pieces.
- Grind paneer, sugar and cardamom powder using blender. Add saffron milk to the grounded paneer and grind again.
- Transfer the grounded paneer into the non - stick pan. If you want add food color to the mixture.
- Stir continuously until it absorbs all the water and it looks like a dough. Take out from the flame and spread it on the greased plate and garnish it with pistachios or almonds.
- Allow it to cool for sometime. Cut it into desired pieces using knife or cookie cutter. Paneer burfis are ready.
- Else, make them into balls using ghee if you prefer. Paneer balls are ready.
- Follow steps 1 - 5 of paneer balls/burfi.
- stir continuously for 2 or 3 minutes. Allow it to absorbs water slightly and once it comes to semi solid consistency or not sticky more on the spatula pour it to the greased plate.
- Allow it to cool for sometime. Note : It should be soft for pedas.
- Divide them into small portions, make them into balls and finally press each of the balls in between 2 hands. Please use ghee before going to do
- Press slightly on the center of the peda using thumb for placing almond or pistachio.
You can also use home made paneer. But it is easy to prepare.