Serving size - 1
Preparation time - 10 minutes
Cooking time - 10 minutes
WE always use to make idli upma with the left over idlies. But I am not a big fan of idli upma but my hubby and kid are ardent lover of idli upma. I thought of making something different with these idlies according to my taste buds. SO I just tried this recipe and turned out delicious. My kid loves this very much. Please do this recipe using butter. Then only you would get better taste. IF you are not suppose to use butter, go with any cooking oil. I am sure that will reduce the taste than butter.
Left over idlies - 3 or 4
Onion - 1/4 cup chopped
Salt - as needed
Butter - 1 or 2 tbsp (I used only one tbsp)
Cilantro - finely chopped (to garnish)
Coconut - 3 tbsp
Roasted gram - 1 1/2 tsp
Red chilli powder - 1/2 tsp
Tomato - 1/2 no.
Garam masala - 1 tsp
- Cut the idlies into small pieces.
- Grind all the ingredients under the heading 'To grind'. Keep it aside.
- Heat the pan, add butter, once it melts, add onion and fry until its transparent.
- Then add the ground masala to the same pan and fry until the raw smell goes.
- Finally add idli pieces to the masala and mix well.
- Remove it from the heat and serve it as such. Simple and quick masala idlies are ready to eat