Serving size : 5 to 6 mini pieces
Preparation time - 5 minutes
Cooking time - 7 to 10 minutes
Its been a very long time since I came to blog space. Hope from this month I will try to upload recipes regularly. After a long time, I am coming with a healthy recipe Multigrain Adai. I bought Pearl millet flour for Bajiri ki roti which is introduced by Manjula Bharath from DESI FIESTA for our SNC challenge. After that I din't use that flour for any dishes. I thought of finish it off soon. This afternoon all of the sudden, I thought of making this recipe. DO you know how I got this recipe into my mind? During my childhood days, my mom and chithi made kara adai with rice flour as winter snack. By that way I thought of making this yummy dish with all of these flours. It came out very yummy. I love that to the core. SO I want to share this healthy and yummy recipe with you all.
This is also very simple and quick dish to prepare.
Pearl Millet flour - 1 tbsp
Finger millet flour - 1 tbsp
Wheat flour - 1.5 tbsp
Rice flour - 1.5 tbsp
Red chilli powder - 1/4 tsp
Onion - 1/3 cup chopped
Curry leaves - 1 bunch
Cilantro - 3 or 4 stalks
Oil - 1 or 2 tsp to mix
Oil - as needed for cooking on tava.
Salt - as needed.
Water - 1/2 cup
- Mix all the ingredients except oil for cooking on the tava.
- Dough should be soft but not hard. If it would be hard, then the adai would be hard.
- Heat the tava, once it is heated, place a small ball on the tava and flatten it using our fingers. Do the same for the rest. If there is enough space in the tava, you could do 2 or 3 adais.
- Apply oil around the adais and allow it to get cook on the bottom side. Once its well cooked, just flip to the other side and allow it to cook well.
- If both the sides are cooked well, remove them from the tava.
- Serve it as such or with raita as side dish. I love eating as such !