Friday, November 2, 2012

THAI TOM YUM SOUP - VEGETARIAN / NON - VEGETARIAN

Serving size - 4 or 5

Preparation time - 10 minutes

Cooking time - 25 minutes

 

 


Tom yum soup is a traditional spicy clear soup of Thailand. It is our all time favorite soup. The main ingredient is lemon grass or lemon leaves and lime juice. Soups are always delectable in winter days. We are going to celebrate christmas in winter. So friends try this new thai soup on the day of christmas. You will enjoy this soup for sure.


Ingredients


Vegetable broth / Water - 5 cups
Lemon grass - 5 stems
Galangal - 1/2 inch
Onions - 1/4  (sliced length wise)
Tomato - 1/2
Carrot - 1/4 (Shredded circle shape)
Green chillies - 2
Celery - 1 stem (optional)
Mushroom - 5 (optional)
Thai tom yum paste - 1 1/2 tbsp
Salt - as needed




Method

Boil water or vegetable broth with sliced lemon grass, galangal. Allow it to boil  for 7 to 10 minutes in the medium flame.

Filter water or vegetable broth and left lemon grass and galalngal to the trash. 


Again boil the filtered water or vegetable broth.

Add all the other ingredients except tom yum paste.

Once vegetables are half cooked and onions colors are changed, add tom yum paste and mix well.

Allow it to boil for 1 or 2 minutes.

Finally add juice of half lime or less to the soup.
Serve it hot with starters.

Note

Here some alterations for Indian friends.

  • Instead of Lemon grass, you can use lemon leaves (4 or 5)
  • Instead of Galangal, you can use ginger. 
Here some alterations for friends who loves Non-vegetarian
(Like our baby boss - chicken lover )

  • We can use Chicken broth instead of Vegetable broth.
  • We can add few pieces of chicken breast or shrimp with the veggies.
I'm linking up this recipe to the event '60 days to christmas' hosted by my friends Divya pramil youtoocancookindianrecipes and Priya cook like priya








I'm linking up this recipe to  Minnie's Weekend Gala Extravaganza Dinner Party 


The Lady 8 Home Weekend Dinner Extravaganza
Also sending this to Hubby's delight contest

11 comments:

  1. wow...I love Thai cuisines....Want to taste this now with chicken :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. its different
    never tasted this before and i dont know some of the ingredients

    my fave is always tomato soup hehe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aunty, read the note. You can get all ingredients. I gave some alterations for Indian friends!!!

      Delete
  3. I love soups Yash and I order tom yum soup almost everytime or hot and sour soup, and what a coincidence I posted a soup recipe too.. Looks yum :)
    Thanks for linking it to our event :)
    Cream Of Chicken Soup - Easier Way
    60 Days to Christmas - Event & Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is my favorite soup , I always have that bottle in my fridge, as soon weather turns cold whip it up and it makes wonder. Nice space.
    http://realhomecookedfood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this soup!!! very well done Yashodha!
    Sowmya
    Ongoing Event - CWF - Whole Wheat Flour

    ReplyDelete
  6. thank u sooo much this helped a lot
    there was a restaurant that I would go to every Friday when I lived in California called papaya bay its no longer that I cant rememeber the new name but it was soo amazing and I missed it I am soo glad I found the recipe thank u very much

    ReplyDelete

FACEBOOK POPUP CODE
Don't Forget To Join US Our Community
×
bloggerWidget