Thursday, November 22, 2012

QUICK CARROT POTATO SPICY SIDE DISH

Serving size - 2 or 3


Preparation time - less than 5 minutes


Cooking time - 5 minutes

 

 


This recipe is very simple and quick. My kid always love to have this side with rasam or curd rice. Our family's favorite side dish!!!! I love this side dish from my childhood. It is not much spicy. If you want you can reduce the spicy.

Ingredients


Carrots - 2 (sliced small cubes)
Potatoes - 1 (sliced small cubes)
Onions - 3 tbsp (optional)
Sambar powder - 1 tsp
Salt - as needed
Mustard seeds - 1/2 tsp
Curry leaves - 3 or 4 leaves
Oil - 2 or 3 tsp

Method



  • Boil carrots and potatoes with 1/2 cup of water and little salt in a microwave safe bowl for 4 minutes. 
          Note :
          I set my microwave for boiling fresh veggies and weigh for 8 oz. It automatically set for 4min.
  • Separate water and veggies using strainer. Keep veggie water aside and take veggies in a bowl.
  • Heat oil in a pan, add mustard seeds. Once it splutters, add curry leaves, boiled veggies, sambar powder and salt. Fry for 1 or 2 minutes. 
  • Serve it with any rice.

Note

Veggie filtered water can be used as veggie broth. You can use that broth for soup or any curries. Home made veggie broth is good for health too. No preservatives and its fresh one to use.


I'm linking up this recipe to the event '60 days to christmas' hosted by my friends Divya pramil youtoocancookindianrecipes and Priya cook like priya 



I'm sending this to

Dish In 30 minutes Event Announcement ~ Giveaway

 

Dish In 30 minutes Event Announcement ~ Giveaway


I'm sending this to Siri's food flavors Celebrating First Anniversary

11 comments:

FACEBOOK POPUP CODE
Don't Forget To Join US Our Community
×
bloggerWidget