Serving Size - 2
Moong dal - 2 tbsp
Spinach - 1 1/2 cups
Sambar powder - 1 tbsp
Cumin powder - 1 tsp
Onion vathal/vadam - 1 tbsp
Water - 1/2 cup +1 cup
Salt - as required
Oil - 2 tsp
- Soak moong dal overnight or pressure cook with two extra whistles from usual.
- Chop spinach and keep it aside.
- Add moong dal, cumin powder, sambar powder and 1/2 cup water in a vessel and place inside a pressure cooker. Allow whistles as same as cooking for plain rice.
- Heat pan with 1 cup of water and add chopped spinach to it. Allow it to boil until spinach are cooked.
- Remove dal from the cooker, add dal, salt and coconut powder to the spinach pan. Allow it to boil for 2 minutes.
- Heat oil in a small pan and add onion vathal to it for seasoning. Once it pops, add it to the kuzhambu.
- If you feel it is too thick, add little water.
- Spinach porucha kuzhambu is ready now and serve with plain rice.
- You can use shredded coconut paste instead of coconut powder and cumin powder.
- Coconut paste - 1 1/2 tsp coconut + 1/4 tsp cumin seeds + water.
- This will be more taste than coconut powder.
I'm sending this to Divya pramil's you too can cook and Priya.R's cook like priya join together and hosting an event "60 Days To Christmas"
I'm sending this to Siri's food flavors Celebrating First Anniversary