SNC (South vs North Challenge) is a challenge between north indian and south indian teams which is hosted by Divya Pramil (baby boss) from Youtoocancook
|Click on the logo to get details about this challenge|
- Motive of the SNC is to learn different regional food recipes from our co-bloggers.
- Every month one member from north team challenges the south team and one member from south team challenges the north team.
- We have sufficient time to finish the challenge. Every month 1st, they post the challenges and we have time to finish it off until the end of the same month.
- Divya pamil allotted some points for the recipe posts. According to that, the winning team will be announced by her around second week of every month.
- If you would like to participate in this event, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. She will help you definitely.
About the challenge of every month
North Indian South Indian
GULAB JAMUN - SNC NO. :2
I am a part of southern team. I have challenged north team with Adirasam recipe and Pallavi challenged us with Gulab Jamun recipe
Serving size - 15 to 20 pieces
Preparation time - 10 minutes
Cooking time - 10 or 15 minutes
Standing time - 20 minutes
Gulab jamun is one of the traditional sweets of India. It is also familiar in Pakistan, Bangladesh and few of our neighbor countries too. I think no one is there without tasting Gulab Jamun. It is most of the people favorite sweet. I love Jamuns forever!!!! This is the first time I tried from scratch. I refer recipe from Pallavi's space - Cook Eat Burp. Thanks Pallavi!!!
Milk powder - 1 cup
Maida - 1/4 cup
Ravai - 1 1/2 tsp
Ghee - 5 tsp
Water/ Milk - 1/2 cup or less
Baking powder - a pinch
Pistachio - for garnishing
For Sugar syrup
Sugar - 1 cup
Water - 1 cup
Cardamom powder - a pinch
- Bring water and sugar to boil for 5 minutes.
- Add cardamom powder, once it started boiling.
- Simmer the flame or Off the stove.
- While adding jamuns to the syrup, syrup should be more warm, but not hot.
- Mix all the ingredients together into a soft dough and close it with lid or any towel.
- Keep it aside for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Then make them into medium sized balls.
- Heat oil / ghee for deep fry.
- Once it is hot, reduce it to low flame and fry all the jamuns.
- Finally add jamuns to the sugar syrup.
- If you would like to garnish, garnish it with pistachio, almonds, coconut flakes, cashews or as wish any nuts.
- While frying jamuns, turn the jamuns in the equal interval to get same color all through the jamuns.
- Before frying all jamuns, fry one jamun for sample. According to that result, you can manage the flame.