Serving Size - 2
Preparation time - 15 minutes
Cooking time - 10 minutes
Its been a very long time since my last post of my recipes. Please apologise for not updating my blog for the past 4 months. Today I am coming with new most favorite recipes " KOTHU PAROTTA". Here I used ready made parotta. You can also use home made parotas.
Kothu Parotta is a minced parotta with some spices which is very famous in Tamil Nadu. Kothu parotta is a road side food as well as available in the restaurants too. If we say kothu parotta, it always reminds the special sound coming from the iron spatula and heavy bottomed pan which are using to prepare this kothu parotta. Side dishes for this parota is chalna or onion raita else you can eat it as such without any side dishes too.
Parotta - 4
Onion - 3/4 cup (chopped like squares)
Green chillies - 1 or 2
Curry leaves - 4 or 5
Turmeric powder - 1/4 tsp
Red chilli powder - less than 1/4 tsp
Green onions - 1 (optional)
Capsicum - 1/4 cup (optional)
Ginger garlic paste - 1 1/2 tbsp
Tomato paste - used 1/2 no. (homemade tomato paste)
Oil - 2 tbsp
Salt - as required
Cilantro - to garnish
1. Make parotta into small pieces and keep it aside.
2. Add oil into the heavy bottomed pan, add onions fry until it becomes baby pink.
3. Add green chillies, curry leaves, fry less than a minute.
4. Add ginger garlic paste, turmeric powder and fry until raw smell of the ginger garlic paste goes.
5. Add tomato paste, salt and red chilli powder. Salute it until raw smell goes from the tomato paste.
6. Add small pieces of parotta and mix them well in the spicy mixture. you should mince the parotta again
with the iron spatula
7. Garnish it with cilantro and serve them hot.
- Grind tomato without water or other ingredients.