Serving size - 2
Preparation time - 5 minutes
Cooking time - 10 minutes
Standing time - 10 to 15 minutes
Shallots are always remainds tears :) Though it gives awesome taste to our taste buds. Secondly, shallots are the best combination with porridge as well as with pazhaiyadhu (leftover rice soaked in the water ) or with neeragam(leftover rice's water + butter milk + salt).
Shallots are good for health. It soothing cool to our body. This might be favorite recipe for most of the vegetarians.
Red chillies - 4
Channa dal - 4 tsp
Urad dal - 2 tsp
Hing powder - a pinch
Salt - as needed
Oil - 1 tbsp
- Heat 1 1/2 tsp of oil in a pan, once it gets hot, add channa dal, after a minute or less add urad dal and red chillies. After few seconds, at the end stage add hing powder and fry until all the three comes to golden color. Keep it aside. Note : It should not get burn.
- Add remainig oil, fry shallots until it becomes transparent. Allow it to get cool.
- Grind channa dal, urad dal, red chillies and salt into coarse powder. Keep it aside.
- Grind shallots separately. Once it gets smashed, add coarse powder and grind again.
- Shallots podi is ready now. It should be in the semi dry consistency. Note : If you don't fry shallots well, podi will be moist or looks like thuvaiyal.
- Serve it with rice is the best combination and also use this for idly & dosa too.