Monday, February 24, 2014

HOMEMADE EGG FREE SOFT SPONGY ORANGE CAKE

Preparation Time -  15 minutes


Baking Time - 20 minutes







Hi Friends,

As I told in my earliers posts, I am very slow in blogging due to lot of diversions. I made this wonderful spongy yummy cake as VALENTINE'S DAY SPECIAL, but I couldn't post this on that special day. I din't participate in the LOVE 2 BAKE event which falls on every monday.




I am just pushing me to write this recipe for linking this recipe to 2 of the important events. One is LOVE2BAKE by spicy treats and the other



is SYS-W SERIES SHOW YOUR STYLES TO THE WORLD which is run by my lovely blogger friend Viji from Viruthu unna vanga. This is my first entry in SYS-W SERIES. So Viji asked me to pick my choice of secrete ingredient . I picked Orange Fruit and I made this eggless orange soft cake. Another one special thing in this recipe is, I grab the recipe to make this tasty cake from Viji's space. I really thank her to share this wonderful recipe on her space. I am proud that I got lot of appreciation from my friends. IT really made me so happy. I thanked viji immediately through email, but I want to thank her in my space. SO that I mentioned.  THANK YOU VERY MUCH DEAR !







Ingredients

All purpose flour - 1 cup
Soften unsalted butter - 3/4 stick
Baking powder - 1 tsp
Baking soda - 1/2 tsp
Condensed milk - 7 oz
Orange zest - 1 tsp
Orange juice - 1/2 cup
ENO Fruit salt - 1/2 tsp (Fresh packet for best result)







Method

  • Grease the cake pan with butter and dust it with flour to get a smooth bottom, of the cake.
  • Sieve the all purpose flour, baking powder and baking soda well and keep it aside.
  • Bake the oven to 350 degrees F.
  • Add soften butter and condensed milk in a large bowl to beat well until it comes smooth and creamy. I used electric blender, you could also use hand whisk too. 
  • Add orange zest and orange juice to the creamy mixture. To get a fluffy texture, add ENO fruit salt to the mixture and mix well. (zzzzz - sizzling sound is coming while adding the salt)
  • Add flour to the mixture and mix gently with flat spatula until it comes smooth and mixed well.
  • Pour the mixture into the baking pan and bake for 20 minutes.
  • Once the cake is done, allow it to cool completely. Check whether the cake is done or not by inserting the tooth pick. IF it comes clean, cake has done else it comes with sticky the cake has to be in the oven for few more minutes.
  • Now,the yummy spongy soft orange cake is ready. Icing is optional. we all had it as such. 



Tips

  • Please remove the cake from the oven once it has done. Otherwise it goes hard.
  • Don't use the already opened ENO fruit salt packet.
  • Check the oven temperature with your manual, because the oven to oven lot of variations. SO take care of temperatures for getting best result.


I am sending this to Love2Bake event 




SYS-W SERIES SHOW YOUR STYLES TO THE WORLD by Viji

5 comments:

  1. super spongy and fantastic cake with orange :) lovely presentation !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow the cake looks so soft and fluffy... Perfectly made and glad that you and your friends liked it... Yes its very delicious... Thanks for participating on SYS-W series...

    ReplyDelete
  3. soft spongy orange cake looks fabulous!

    ReplyDelete

FACEBOOK POPUP CODE
Don't Forget To Join US Our Community
×
bloggerWidget