Preparation time - 5 minutes
Soaking time - 15 minutes
Cooking time - less than 10 minutes
Cauliflower is very good for health, especially heart disease and cancer. It has lots of fiber and vitamin C. The born story of this recipe, I have two left over items, rice and tomato gravy. I want to finish it off. So I planned to prepare this delicious cauliflower rice. Because my kid loves rice with any tomato flavored gravies, so that I had mixed them and turns out yummy. I was very happy while my little picky eater enjoyed it. Let us go to the recipe.
Rice - 1 cup
Tomato gravy - 1/4 bowl
Cauliflower - sliced - 1 small bowl
Red chilli powder - 1/4 tsp
Turmeric powder - 1/8 tsp
Coriander powder - 1/2 tsp
Salt - as needed
Oil - 2 to 3 tsp
- Wash and sliced the cauliflower. Add cauliflower, red chilli powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder, salt in a bowl and mix well. Keep it aside for 15 minutes.
- Heat oil in a pan and fry these marinated cauliflower slightly. Don't over cook. Cauliflowers must have the cruchy taste. So half cook with sprinkle of water. Just close the lid for 2 or 3 minutes. Not more than that.
- Once the cauliflower is done with its crunchiness, remove it from the heat.
- Take a bowl, add rice, tomato gravy ( I used the left over gravy which I made for poori) and mix well gently without smash the rice. Then add the crunchy cauliflower into the mixed gravy rice and mix gently.
- Left over rice and gravy turns into yummy crunchy cauliflower rice with no masala. Serve it with raita or as such or as you wish.
I am sending this to cutchi kitchen's LeftoverMakeover giveaway