Wednesday, August 14, 2013

BEETROOT SPINACH OMELETTE / SCRAMBLED EGG

Serving Size - 1 


Preparation time - 10 minutes


Cooking time - 5 minutes





 My friend VijiDharmaraj conducting a event series called "Show your styles to the world series" on her space virunthu unna vanga. But for the past 6 months, I couldn't participate in that event. For this month, the series is guest host by Shama Nagarajan from Shama's easy to cook recipes. The criteria for this month is use either beetroot or spinach or both. 

My son will eat only few forms of greens. SO I tried greeny spinach in the omelette, he loves it very much. Because of viji's event, all of the sudden I thought of making omelette with beetroot too. I tried this recipe in 2 two ways. One like omelette and another with scrambled egg.  It was really awesome to taste. My little one does not like scrambled egg, so I made beetroot spinach omelette for him. HE loves it very much. 

If they take this omelette with milk, it will be a filling breakfast to adults too. Not only filling, but also a healthy breakfast. I have picture for omelette, but I will upload picture for scrambled egg soon.




Ingredients 


Egg - 1
Beetroot - 1/4 cup Thinly sliced
Spinach - 1/4 cup chopped into small
Onion - 2 tbsp
Turmeric powder - 1/4 tsp
Salt - as required
Water - 2 tbsp

Method




For Omelette

  1. Mix well all the ingredients, except egg. 
  2. Once it gets mixed, add egg and beat it for few seconds or until it blend with the veggies.
  3. Heat a pan with oil coated, once it gets heat, pour this mixture on the pan.
  4. After 1 or 2 minutes flip it to the other side, then remove it from the pan once both the sides are well cooked .
  5. Serve it with food for lunch or breakfast/Dinner.

For Scrambled Egg

      Do all the 3 steps under the above heading "For omelette".  Instead of 4th step, just scramble the eggs with the help of spatula. It will break into small fluffy pieces. It will be like podimas. 

Secret : Adding water will give you a fluffy egg.

I am linking this recipe to viji's event SYS - W series which is guest hosting by shama's space Easy to cook recipe




Also to,

6 comments:

  1. Lovely Dish........

    x❤x❤
    http://indianveggiesbhojan.blogspot.in/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking very Delicious & healthy, I like this food.. I am a foodies so, search many things on net I found two more links are awesome 1st is Ahmedabad Best Restaurants
    and 2nd is Find best dishes at restaurants in Ahmedabad

    Hope you like it...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very interesting twist to omelette. Thanks for visiting and following my blog. Glad to folow you too.

    ReplyDelete

FACEBOOK POPUP CODE
Don't Forget To Join US Our Community
×
bloggerWidget