Serving size - 3
Preparation time - 15 minutes
Cooking time - 30 minutes
Curd rice is the most popular south Indian cuisine which always take at the end of the lunch menu. This rice keeps our body cool. It is especially more delicious during summer. I love garnished curd rice very much. Curd rice is also known as yogurt rice which is not only tasty and yummy but also harmless food for babies too.
IngredientsRice - 1/2 cup
Curd - 1 cup
Cream - 2 tbsp (optional)
Milk - 1/2 cup
Salt - as required
Green chillies - 3 (chopped)
Hing powder - 1/4 tsp
Mustard seeds - 1 tsp
Oil - 1 1/2 tbsp
Urad dal - 1/2 tsp
Cilantro - 2 tbsp Finely chopped
Carrot - 1 tbsp ( grated)optional
seedless grapes - few (optinal)
Pomegranate - few ( optional)
- Wash rice, pressure cook the rice with 1/2 cup extra water than usual and keep 1 whistle extra for well boiled rice.
- Take the boiled rice and smash it well with large spoons. Add salt, curd and mix well.
- Then add cream, milk and again mix well.
- Heat oil in a small pan for seasoning, add mustard seeds, once it cracked, add curry leaves and green chillies, then hing powder and urad dal. Remove it from the stove before it gets burn or darker.
- Add the seasoning to the curd rice and finally garnish with cilantro and fruits or carrot. But I din't use carrot or fruits, because my husband does not like those taste in the curd rice.
- Serve it with pickle or any side dish or as such. I enjoy this garnished curd rice as such.