IngredientsBrinjal - 1
Red Onion - 1/4
Small Tomato - 1/2
Green chillies - 2
Tamarind juice - 2 tbs
Mustard seeds - 1/4 tsp
Curry leaves - 3 or 4
Cilantro - 1 tbs
Oil - 1 tbs
Salt - as required
- Heat 1/2 tsp of oil in a pan and fry brinjal until it gets soft. Keep it aside for cool.
- Grind the raw onions, tomatoes and green chillies into fine paste. Also grind brinjals seperately.
- Heat remaining oil in a pan and seasoning with mustard seeds, once it gets pop, add curry leaves and brinjal paste.
- After a minute, add onions, tomatoes, chillies paste, salt and tamarind juice into the pan and fry until the raw smell goes. If you feel chutney is too thick, add little water.
- Finally, garnish it with cilantro. Serve with Idli, dosa, chappathi and so on.