IngredientsRice flour / Idiyappam flour- 2 cups
Hot Water - 2 1/2 cups
Salt - 1/2 tsp
Oil - 2 tbs
|Mixing with hot water|
- Add oil and salt in the boiling water.
- Apply oil in the idly plate and heat the idly cooker or large vessel with 1 or 1 1/2 cups of water.
- In a large bowl, add rice flour and water. Mix it well with wooden spatula and make a soft dough.
- Take a small ball from the dough and put it in the idiyappam maker / iddiyappa acchu, then press it in the idly plate.
- Keep idly plate in the idly cooker and allow it for 3 or 4 minutes to cook. Remove it from the idly plate and transfer it to the plate or any other vessel.
- Serve this plain idiyappam with paya, kuruma, any curries, sodhi or sweetened coconut milk.