IngredientsFish - 30 pieces (3 inches)
Red chilli powder - 1 1/2 tsp
Turmeric powder - 1/2 tsp
Fennel seeds - 1 tsp
Shallots / sambar onion - 8
Garlic gloves - 5
Tamarind juice - 5 tbs
Salt as required
Oil - as required for fry.
- Drain water from the fishes.
- For masala, grind all the ingredients except fishes and oil. It should not be watery.
- Apply masala on all the fish pieces, then close the vessel and don't disturb it for half an hour to one hour.
- After an hour, heat the pan with 1 tsp of sesame oil, place the masala coated fish pieces on the pan, again add 1 or 2 tsp of oil and fry them until two sides gets cooked. Both the sides should be in brown color.
- Do all the pieces like that and serve it with any rice.
While frying, it should be in the medium flame. If sometimes needs more heat, keep it in high flame otherwise maintain in the medium flame.