It is one of the famous food items in the south India. It is very healthy and also tasty. We can give this to kids too. It contains much proteins. I love this podi from my childhood. My mom always use to made this specially for me. I have learned this from my mom.
Fried/roasted grams - 3/4 cup
Toor dal - 1 tbs (optional)
Red chillies - 10-12 number
Black pepper - 1/2 tsp (optional)
Garlic - 5pods
Salt - as required
- Without oil fry red chillies, garlic, toor dal, black pepper and salt in the pan.
- Once it gets cool, grind all together and add fried grams to grind all those into fine powder.
- If you are going to use black pepper, reduce red chillies.
- You can use this podi with rice and ghee. It will be very good to eat. Also you can use this with idli and dosa too.
- You can store this in a air tight container for 3 to 4 months.