Almond - 1/4 cup
Sugar - 5 to 6 tbs(upto your taste)
Water - 1/2 cup
Milk - 2 + 1/3 cups
Cardomom powder - a pinch
Egg yellow food color - a pinch (optional)
Saffron strings - 2 or 3 (optional)
- Soak the almonds for over night or atleast 1 to 2 hours in the hot water.
- Remove the skin of all almonds and keep 4 or 5 almonds aside for garnishing the almond mik. Grind all the remaining almonds into a smooth paste with 1/3 cup of milk.
- Add water, 1/2 cup of milk, food color and sugar to the almond paste.
- Allow them to boil for 10 to 15 minutes or until the raw smell goes.
- Add the remaining milk, cardomom powder and saffron strings to the almond milk. Allow it to boil for 5 minutes and off the stove. Garnish it with whole almonds.
- Almond / badam milk is ready. Serve it as hot or cold.