IngredientsSeppan kizhangu/ Taro root - 3
Sambar powder - 1 or 1 1/2 tsp
Curry leaves - 4 or 5
Mustard seeds - 1/4 tsp
Cilantro - 2 tbs
Turmeric powder - 1/4 tsp
Hing powder - a pinch
Water - 1/2 cup
Oil - 2 or 3 tbs
Salt - as required
- Peel the skin of the taro root and cut into small pieces.
- Heat oil in a pan, add mustard seeds, curry leaves and taro root. Fry it for 1 or 2 minutes.
- Add hing powder, turmeric powder, sambar powder, salt and water. Allow it to boil in a medium flame for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Mash the boiled taro root and allow it to get roast or until it become brown color.
- Garnish with cilantro. Serve it with rice or chappathi and so on.