IngredientsRavai - 1/2 cup
Water - 1 cup
Sugar - 1 cup
Cardamom powder - 1/4 tsp
Cashew nuts - 10 - 12 (splited)
Food color - a pinch (yellow/orange/red)
Ghee - 3 or 4 tbs
- Heat a pan, add ravai and roast until it turns light brown color. Allow it to cool and keep it aside.
- Boil the water with 1 tsp of ghee in high flame. Add ravai slowly to the water with continuous stir in the low flame.
- Allow ravai to cook for 2 or 3 minutes and add sugar slowly to the mixture with continuous stir in the low flame. There should not be any lumps while adding sugar. We should be careful in this stage.
- Add color, cardamom powder and 1 1/2 tbs ghee. Mix well for 1 or 2 minutes. Keep it aside.
- Heat 2 tbs of ghee in a small frying pan, add cashews and fry for a minute. Add raisins too and fry for a minute or until it gets cook.
- Finally add cashews and raisins to the kesari. If you need, add little ghee to it.
- Ravai kesari is ready.