Serving size - 1 or 2
Preparation time : 15 minutes
Cooking time : 15 minutes
I used carrot and beans in this recipe. We can also try this with other veggies too. This is a main entree. We can serve it for breakfast or dinner. It is simple and quick recipe.I usually know only sweet pancakes. Even I searched carrot pancakes in the internet, it shows only sweet pancakes. I want to make different from sweet pancakes, so that I tried this recipe. It came out well. My friend's husband like this pancake very much.
For carrot curry:Shredded carrot - 3/4 cup
Beans - 1/4 cup (finely chopped)
Onions - 1/3 cup (finely chopped)
Lemon juice - 1/4 tsp
Turmeric powder - a pinch
Garam masala - 1/2 tsp
Red chilli powder - 1/2 tsp
Fennel powder - 1/4 tsp
Sugar - 1/4 tsp
Salt - as required
Oil - 2 1/2 tbs
Grind into paste
Ginger - 1 1/2 inches
Garlic - 1 pod (large)
For Batter:Besan flour - 1/2 cup
Rice flour - 1 tbs
Baking soda - 1/4 tsp
Baking powder - 1/2 tsp
Sugar - 1/2 tsp
Lemon juice - 1/2 tsp
Milk - 1/4 cup
Luke warm water - 1/4 cup
Oil - 3 tsp
Salt - as required
For GarnishCilantro - 1 or 2 tbs
- Grind ginger and garlic into a smooth paste.
- Heat oil in a pan, add onions and salute until it turns golden color.
- Add ginger garlic paste to the onions. Fry until raw smell goes from ginger garlic paste.
- Add garam masala and turmeric powder to the onions. Garam masala powder should not get burn. If you need little water, add to the curry.
- Add lemon juice, red chilli powder, fennel powder, sugar and salt to the mixture. Fry for 1 or 2 minutes in a medium flame. Switch off the stove. Add carrot & beans and mix well.
- Carrot curry is ready and keep it aside.
- Add besan flour, rice flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and sugar. Mix well.
- Add oil to the luke warm water.
- Add water and milk slowly to the flour mixture. Mix thoroughly for 1 or 2 minutes to make the smooth batter. There should not be any lumps.
- Add lemon juice and mix well.
- Preheat the oven for 350 degrees F.
- Grease the pan with oil.
- Add both carrot curry and batter into a mixture.
- Pour the mixture into the pan and keep the pan inside the oven for 10 - 15 minutes.
- Carrot pancake is ready. Allow it to cool for 15 minutes. Make them into pieces.
- Carrot pancake is spicy main entree for breakfast/dinner. Serve it with curd and sliced raw carrots.
I'm sending this to Tickling palates I LOVE BAKING