IngredientsMint leaves - 1/2 cup
Coriander leaves - 1/3 cup
Shredded Coconut - 1/4 cup (fresh / frozen)
Urud dal - 1 1/2 tsp
Red chillies - 6
Baydagi Chillies - 3
Tamarind - 1 inch or less
Salt - as required
Hing powder - a pinch
Oil - 2 tsp
- Heat oil in a pan, fry urud dal and hing powder for less than a minute or a minute.Then add both the chillies to fry for less than a minute. Keep it aside
- Fry mint leaves in the heated pan with no oil until the leaves color turns into blackish. Keep it aside.
- Fry coconut and tamarind for a minute. Keep it aside.
- Grind urud dal, chillies and salt until it gets coarse powder. Then add mint leaves, coriander leaves, coconut, tamarind and little water to grind with the coarse powder. Grinded paste should be neither too smooth nor coarse. It should be in the solid consistency.
- Coriander mint thuvayal is ready. Serve it with any rice or idly, dosa etc.