Serving size - 25 to 30 idlies
IngredientsSago - 3/4 cup
Boiled / Idly rice - 1 1/2 cups
Urud dal - 1/2 cup
Fenugreek - 1/2 tsp
Salt - as required
- Soak urud dal and fenugreek together in the water for 6 to 8 hours.
- Soak boiled rice and sago seperately in the water for 6 to 8 hours.
- Grind urud dal and fenugreek into a smooth paste. Remove and keep it aside.
- Grind sago, rice and salt together. The batter should not be too smooth, slightly coarse in consistency.
- Add both the batter together and mix well. Allow them to ferment for 8 hours.
- Place the sago idly batter in the refrigerator. Keep the batter out of the fridge an hour before we use.
- As usual, pour batter to all of the pits in the idly plate and place it in the idly cooker or idly pan. Cook it for 10 minutes.
- Remove idly plates from the stove and allow it to cool for 3 or 4 minutes. Remove idlies from the idly plates and place it in the hot pack.
- Sago idlies are ready. Serve it with chutneys or sambar or Kosthu.