Saturday, October 13, 2012

CARROT RADISH THUVAYAL

Serving size - 2 or 3

Preparation time - 15 minutes

Cooking time - 5 minutes 

 

I usually like thuvayal varieties. When I go to my paatti's home, my aunt always make special varieties for me. She likes to try new recipes. One day, she made this thuvayal. I was very much impressed and started doing this thuvayal after my marriage :) I really thank her for introducing this nice recipe.

Ingredients


Carrot - 1/4 cup (finely chopped)
Radish - 1/4 cup (finely chopped)
Urad dal - 2 tsp
Red chillies - 4 or 5
Tamarind - 1/4 inch
Cilantro - 5 or 6 leaves (optional)
Coconut - 1 tbs
Hing powder - a pinch
Oil - 2 tsp
Salt - as required


Method

  1.  Heat oil in a pan, fry urad dal and red chillies until it turns golden color. Remove it from the flame and keep it aside for cool.
  2. Fry carrot, radish, tamarind and hing powder in the same pan for 2 or 3 minutes or until the raw smell goes. Remove it from flame and keep it aside to cool.
  3. Grind urud dal, red chillies and salt together into coarse powder.
  4. Add carrot, radish, tamarind, coconut and cilantro to grind together with the coarse powder.
  5. Add little water to it. Carrot radish thuvayal is ready.
  6. Serve it with white rice and ghee, any mixed rice, curd rice or idly or dosa.

I'm going to send this to 


Click here to go to Zesty South Indian Kitchen

No comments:

Post a Comment

FACEBOOK POPUP CODE
Don't Forget To Join US Our Community
×
bloggerWidget