Serving Size - 2
Preparation time - 10 minutes
Cooking time - 10 minutes
Capsicum is very good for health. Capsicum contains capsaicin which reduces extra fats in our body. It prevents heart diseases. This capsicum rice is delicious to eat. Even kids love it very much. It is one of my little one's favorite.
Mustard seeds - 1/8 tsp
chana dal - 1 tsp
Peanuts - 1 tbsp
Coriander seeds -1/2 tsp
Urad dal - 1/2 tsp
Red chillies - 2
Shredded coconut - 1/2 tbsp
Cooked rice - 2 cups
Onions - 1/4 cup
Capsicum - 3/4 cup (chopped)
Curry leaves - 3 or 4
Water - 1/2 cup
Cinnamom stick - 1/2 no.
Mustard seeds - 1/4 tsp
Oil - 3 tsp
Salt - as needed
- Heat pan with no oil, add mustard seeds, peanuts and fry for a minute.
- Add Chana dal, coriander seeds and fry less than a minute.
- Add urad dal and red chillies for a while.
- Remove all from the flame and allow it to cool.
- Grind all the ingredients with coconut into fine dry powder.
- Add little oil in the cooked rice and mix gently.
- Heat oil in a pan, add cinnamon and mustard seeds. Once it splutters, add curry leaves and onions. Fry it for a minute.
- Add capsicum and fry it for a minute. Add water and allow it to boil until capsicums are cooked.
- Add ground powder into the mixture and mix well. The mixture becomes thick or allow it to thick.
- Add rice to the mixture and mix gently.
- Capsicum rice is ready. Serve it with chips or fryums or appalam.