Serving size - 2 or 3
Preparation time - 10 minutes (excludes soaking time)
Cooking time - 30 minutes
It is a low calorie vada. This recipe is for the people who loves vada but scary. Ofcourse, I too in that scary list :) This recipe is very good for health and containd high proteins.
Urud dal - 1/2 cup
Green chillies - 3
Onions - 1/4 cup
Curry leaves - 4 or 5
Coriander leaves - 1 or 2 tbs
Black pepper - 1/2 tsp
Hing powder - 1/4 tsp
Salt - as required
Oil - 6 or 7 tbs
- Soak urud dal about an hour. Drain the water and grind urud dal, green chillies, salt and hing powder with little water.
- Add curry leaves, coriander leaves, black peppers and onions to the batter and mix well. Do the following procedures.
Heat the kuzhipaniyara pan with little oil to each of the pits in the pan. (use almost 1.5 tbs oil for 7 pits)
Pour a spoonful of batter in each of the rounds. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes on the medium flame. Turn on to the other side and again add little oil to each of the pits. (use almost 1.5 tbs oil for 7 pits)
Cook for 1 or 2 minutes on the low flame. Take off from the pan.
Vadai is ready. Serve it with sambar or chutney. You can also use this vadai for Curd vadai recipe too.
- Vadai batter should be neither too thick nor thin. It should be thicker than idly batter.
- Give extra care on the flame.
- You can get approximately 28 vadais.
I'm sending this to Nithu's Kitchen
Nithu's Kitchen Event announcement page - October 10th to November 10th
I'm sending this to GIVE ME SOME SNACK