Serving size - 2
Preparation time - 2 minutes
Cooking time - 5 or 6 minutes
It is one of my favorite chutney prepared by my mom. It is a simple and quick chutney. She taught me how to make this chutney. As like everyone, I too feel special love in my moms( My mom and my 2 aunts. We are joint family. So that I used "moms") food. I want to dedicate this to my mom. I made this chutney for sending this to "Feast for your Guru"
IngredientsYellow onion - 1/2 (big)
Green chillies - 5
Tamarind - 1/2 inch
Salt - as required
Oil - 1 tbsp
Mustard seeds - 1/4 tsp
Sesame oil - 1 tsp
Curry leaves - 4 or 5
- Heat oil in a pan, add green chillies and fry for a minute or until its seeds are splutters. Remove green chillies and keep it aside.
- Add onions and tamarind in the same pan. Fry until onions are transparent. Remove it from flame and allow it to cool.
- Grind onions, green chillies, tamarind and salt to fine paste.
- Heat sesame oil in a small pan to seasoning, add mustard seeds and curry leaves.
- Once it splutters, add it to the yellow onion chutney.
- Yellow onion chutney will go with idly or dosa. It is a very good spread for any bread varieties.
- While removing green chillies, don't remove oil from that pan.