All purpose flour - 1/4 cup
Ajwain / cumin - 1/4 tsp
Salt - as needed
Water - approximately2 or 3 tbsp (as needed to knead the flour)
Ghee - a small quantity.
Oil - for deep fry
- Add all the ingredients together and mix well to a smooth dough.
- Dough should be like poori flour. It should not be watery.
- Allow the dough for 15- 20 minutes.Divide them into 2 or 3 balls.
- Pat the ball in the flour and roll it to thin layer using roller pin.
- Cut it into circle or diamond shape. Repeat 4 & 5 steps to the remaining balls.
- Deep fry all shaped dough and keep them on the paper towel.
- Papdis are ready. we can use it as it is or for bhel poori or some other chaat too.
- If you want circle shape, cut it using circle shape lid or cookie cutter like that.
- If you want diamond shape, use knife to cut.