Serving size - 4
Preparation time - 15 minutes
Bhel poori is a famous street chaat in North India. IT is my favorite chaat from my childhood. My mom often prepared this delicious snack for me. It remembering my childhood days. I am missing my mom :( She is an expert in this preparation. I have learned this from my mom. I would like to dedicate this to my mom :)
Puffed rice - 1 bowl (approximately 20 oz.)
Sev - 1 bowl (approx. 20 oz.)
Kara boondi - 3/4 bowl (approximately 15 oz.)
Boiled potatoes - 1/2 (big)
Onions - 1/2
Tomato - 1/2
Cilantro - handful
Curd - 6 tbsp
Curd - 6 tbsp
TAMARIND CHUTNEY - approximately 6 tsp or as needed
GREEN CHUTNEY - approximately 6 tsp or as needed
Mango - 3 or 4 tbsp (optional)
- Boil potatoes with water & salt in the microwave for 4 minutes in 900 W high or in the stove.
- Add puffed rice, sev, kara boondi in a large bowl and mix well.
- Add papdis, boiled potatoes in the mixture and mix well.
- Add onions and tomatoes in the mixture. Add both chutneys and lemon juice.
- Finally, garnish it with cilantro, papdis, sev, mango, tomatoes, onions, curd and chutneys.
- Bhel poori is ready.
Mix all the ingredients before you are going to eat otherwise it won't tastes good.
I made this Bhel poori chaat for SNC challenge conducted by Divya Pramil and challenged by Shruthi . I'm from Southern group.