Serving Size - 3
Preparation time - 10 minutes (rice soaking time is not included)
Cooking time - 30 minutes
I usually make 2 types of vegetable pulao. This is the recipe which I follow my Chithi (Mrs.Sudhandhira Nagarajan). She is our home chef :) She made lot of varieties for us. I love her cooking. I want to share this recipe with my blogging friends.
Basmathi Rice - 1 1 /3 cups
Water - 2 2/3 cups
Cinnamon - 1/2
Cloves - 2
Bay leaf - 1/2
Onions - 1/2 (chopped)
Green chillies - 2
Ginger garlic paste - 1 1/2 tbsp
Cauliflower - 8
Carrot - 1 (chopped)
Beans - 1/2 cup (chopped)
Potato - 1/2 (chopped)
Turmeric powder - less than 1/4 tsp
Red chilli powder - 1/2 tsp
Garam masala - 1/2 tsp
Curd - 2 or 3 tbsp
Ghee - 1 1/2 tbsp
Salt - as required
- Wash basmathi rice and soak rice with water about 15 to 20 minutes.
- Heat ghee in a pan, add cinnamon, cloves, bay leaf and fry for 3 seconds.
- Add green chillies and fry for 5 seconds. Add onions and salute it for a minute.
- Add gingergarlic paste and salute it until the raw smell goes from ginger garlic paste.
- Add all the veggies and fry for 2 minutes.
- Add turmeric powder, red chilli powder and garam masala. Fry for few seconds. Don't allow masala to burn without water. If you want to avoid burning, add little water.
- Add curd to the mixture and salute it for a minute.
- Drain basmathi rice and keep water aside for cooking.
- Add rice to the veggie mixture in the pan. Mix well and fry all together until the rice becomes crunchy.
- Add rice, salt and water (which we already kept aside for cooking ) to electric rice cooker. Allow it to cook completely.
- Serve this veg pulao with paneer curry or any vegetarian or non vegetarian curries / gravies.