Serving size - 2
Preparation time - less than a minute
Cooking time - 2 minutes
Standing time - 10-15 minutes
It is very good to drink in the winter. It has medicinal value too. It is good for cold and digestion. Winter starts here. Today, I have prepared tea for me and my husband. I'm little lazy to wash dishes. So I don't want to prepare tea on the stove, I made it on microwave. I want to share this to my friends. One more thing, you can refrigerate decoction for 1 or 2 days.
Tea powder - 3 tsp
Water - 1 cup
Milk - 3/4 cup
Ginger - 1 inch
Cardamom powder - less than 1/4 tsp
Sugar - 3 or 4 tsp (upto your taste)
- Heat water in the microwave for 2 minutes.
- Add tea powder, chopped & crushed ginger, cardamom powder in the hot water. Close the cup or bowl with a lid for 10 to 15 minutes.
- In the mean time, heat milk. It should be very hot.
- Filter the tea decoction into another bowl or any vessel.
- Add tea decoction, milk and sugar together, then mix well. If you want more heat, reheat the tea.
- Serve it hot with biscuits.
You can refrigerate tea decoction but not tea.