Serving Size - 1 or 2
Preparation time - 5 to 10 minutes
Cooking time - 20 minutes.
It is a kind of Indian noodles. My little one likes it very much. He use to call it as noodles.
Semolina - 1 1/2 cups
Onions - 1/4 cup
Carrot - 1/4 cup
Beans - 1/4 cup
Water - 3 cups
Mustard seeds - 1/2 tsp
Urad dal - 1/4 tsp
Channa dal - 1/4 tsp (optional)
Curry leaves - 1 sprig
Hing powder - 1/4 tsp
Oil - 2 tbsp
Salt - as required
- Heat oil in a pan, add mustard seeds. Once it splutters, add green chillies, curry leaves, urad dal and hing powder. Fry for few seconds.
- Add onions and fry for 20 seconds. Add beans and fry until the raw smell goes from beans.
- Add carrot to the pan and fry for few seconds. Add water and salt to the pan. Allow it to boil until the veggies are cooked.
- Add semiya to the pan and mix well. Allow it to boil for 10 minutes to 15 minutes in a medium flame.
- Semiya vegetable upma is ready. Serve it with coconut chutney or any of your favorite chutney or pickles.