Dates - 8
Water - 1 1/2 cups
Tamarind - 2 small blue berries size
Red chilli powder - 1/8 tsp
Cumin powder - a pinch
Salt - a pinch
- Boil dates and 1 1/4 cups of water until dates are cooked soft.
- Soak tamarind in the remaining water and extract juice from it.
- Add tamarind juice in the dates syrup, red chilli powder, cumin powder and salt. Allow it to boil for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Allow it to cool. Grind it in the mixie.
- Tamarind chutney is ready.
Usually my mom keep all the ingredients in the cooker, while keeping rice. Allow it to cool, then grind all together. It is very simple right. Try it.